Monday, November 14, 2011

I saw this on a friend's Facebook status:

One man, a CEO, decided to explain the problem with education. He argued,
"What's a kid going to learn from someone who decided his best option in life was to become a teacher?"
To stress his point he said to another guest;
"You're a teacher. Be honest. What do you make?"
The teacher, who had a reputation for honesty and frankness replied,
..... "You want to know what I make?
Well, I make kids work harder than they ever thought they could.
I make a C+ feel like the Congressional Medal of Honor winner.
I make kids sit through 40 minutes of class time when their parents can't
make them sit for 5 min. without an I Pod, Game Cube or movie rental.
I make kids wonder.
I make them question.
I make them apologize and mean it.
I make them have respect and take responsibility for their actions.
I teach them how to write and then I make them write.
I make them read, read, read.
I make them show all their work in math.
They use their... brain, not the man-made calculator.
I make my classroom a place where all my students feel safe.
Finally, I make them understand that if they use the gifts they
were given, work hard, and follow their hearts, they can succeed in life.
What do you make Mr. CEO?"
His jaw dropped; he went silent

No comments:

Post a Comment