Wednesday, November 16, 2011

There's a First Time for Everything I Guess..

Today around 9:00 am the principal came on the intercom and announced that we were in lock down.  Yep, I experienced my very first real lock down today.  It was really scary.  Luckily the kids were in computer class so we didn't have to try and keep all our little 2nd graders calm and quiet.  My teacher and I sat on the floor and whispered to eachother for about 25 minutes.  Apparently this is the second time they had a real lock down; last time a 4th grader brought a beebee gun to school.  At the end of the day I found out that there was a house robbery in a neighborhood nearby and the guy was running around with a gun so we went on lock down.  Talk about scary! I kept imagining a guy coming up to the window (our blinds are all broken so some weren't down all the way) and shooting us! But everyone is safe so no worries!! Very interesting day to say the least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment